The Right Man To Head OMG
There was no better man (or woman) fit to fill the shoes left by THE Hermie De Leon. Only a man with such stellar accomplishments as these was deemed fit to run Omnicom Media Group, with the departure of an industry mover as great as Ms. De Leon:
- Producer of an independent film
- President of two different companies
- Senior Vice President and Vice President of two different departments in ABS-CBN
- Owner of his own property leasing company
- Program Director of the Pharmaceutical and Health Care Association of the Philippines
- General Manager of Media Pulse Philippines, now The Nielsen Company
- Esteemed Faculty Member, Economist and Research Tutor of three Top Philippine Schools (University of Asia and the Pacific, UP Manila College of Health Sciences, Ateneo de Davao University)
With these credentials in tow, there was no surprise that it was Mr. Nicanor “Nic” Gabunada Jr. who snagged the coveted top spot of OMG. Reporting directly to Barry Cupples, CEO of Omnicom Media Group APAC, running all three companies under OMG: OMD, PHD and M2M, is arguably no easy task. One would wonder what compelled Nic Gabunada to leave the freedom of running his own business and working on a freelance consulting business to go back to the dog-eat-dog realm of the corporate world.
“It’s a challenging role, one that was strong enough to convince me to go back to corporate world in full steam. I look forward to pushing the boundaries of success and ensuring that each of Omnicom Media Group’s brand wins in the market. Team Omnicom Media Group Philippines will work towards becoming the best in the industry – ahead of the curve when it comes to client servicing, strategic thinking, insights, tools, and talent.” –Nic Gabunada
As a man who quadrupled ABS-CBN’s revenues to an average income of Php 1B/month in 2005 up from an average of only Php 266M/month in 1996, as well as turned around the operations of the different companies he’s worked with into lean, mean, profitable machines, there is no wonder why Mr. Gabunada has been said to be:
“A rare talent with strengths and accomplishments in a wide range of disciplines. A natural leader with sharp business acumen, knack for producing results, and comprehensive knowledge of the market, Nic is the perfect candidate to lead Omnicom Media Group in the Philippines to the next level of development to ensure we continue to deliver our objective of being the very best we can be across all of our operations.” — Barry Cupples
Indeed, bright, shining, dynamic times are upon OMG Philippines. With Nic Gabunada at the helm, we can expect no less than this.
Photo Credits: LinkedIn Profile for Nicanor “Nic” Gabunada Jr.